Flyknit shoes are comfortable and lightweight and a great choice for anyone looking for stylish and comfortable sneakers. However, because of their lightweight and breathable material, special care must be taken when it comes to cleaning them.
Now a question may arise in your mind: How to clean Flyknit shoes? Cleaning the Nike Flyknit shoes is not difficult; it just requires following some simple steps.
To clean Flyknit shoes, you can use a soft brush or cloth and mild detergent to scrub away dirt and grime gently. Rinse the shoes with clean water and allow them to air dry.
In this guide, we will share some tips and tricks for cleaning Flyknit shoes so that you can keep them looking and feeling like new.
Can You Put Flyknit Shoes in the Washing Machine?
Flyknit shoes are becoming increasingly popular because of their lightweight and breathable design. They are a great choice for running, playing sports, and everyday use. But can you put Flyknit shoes in the washing machine?
The short answer is no. Flyknit shoes are made with a nylon-based material, which means they are not designed to withstand the stress of a washing machine. The agitation of the machine can damage the material, cause the shoes to shrink, and even ruin the shape of the shoes.
How To Clean Flyknit Shoes
To keep your Flyknit shoes looking good as new, it is crucial to clean them regularly. Here’s a step-by-step instructions on how to clean Flyknit shoes properly:
Step 1: Gather Supplies
Before you start cleaning your shoes, you will need to gather the necessary supplies. You will need a soft brush, a cloth, gentle detergent, and warm water.
Step 2: Remove Excess Dirt with a Soft Brush or Cloth
The first step in cleaning your Flyknit shoes is to remove any excess dirt or debris with a soft brush or cloth. This will help ensure that all the dirt and debris are removed before you clean the shoes.
Step 3: Soak Flyknit Shoes in a Mixture of Gentle Detergent and Warm Water
Once you have removed any excess dirt and debris, you can begin to soak your Flyknit shoes in a mixture of gentle detergent and warm water. This will help to loosen any stubborn dirt or debris that may be stuck in the fibers of the shoes. Allow your shoes to soak for at least 10 minutes.
Step 4: Hand wash Flyknit Shoes with a Soft Brush and Gentle Detergent
After your Flyknit shoes have soaked for 10 minutes, you can begin to hand wash them with a soft brush and gentle detergent. Use small circular motions to work the detergent into the fibers of the shoes. Be sure to pay special attention to any areas that may be particularly dirty or stained.
Step 5: Rinse Flyknit Shoes with Clean Water
Once you have finished hand washing the Flyknit shoes, rinse them thoroughly with clean water. This will help all the soap and dirt be removed from the shoes.
Step 6: Allow Flyknit Shoes to Air Dry
Now keep the Flyknit shoe air dry. Do not put them in the dryer, as the heat could damage the fibers of the shoes. Instead, allow them to air dry overnight or until they are completely dry.
Why Do You Need To Clean Flyknit Shoes?
While Flyknit shoes are a great choice for athletes and active people, they require more maintenance than other types of shoes. Here are some reasons why you need to clean your Flyknit shoes:
- Regular cleaning of your shoes is necessary to maintain their shape and appearance. Flyknit material is very delicate, so it can easily become stretched out or ripped if not properly cared for. Regular cleaning will help to ensure the durability of the shoe.
- Flyknit shoes are designed to be lightweight and breathable, and regular cleaning helps to ensure they remain this way. Regularly removing dirt, mud, and other debris can help to keep the material lightweight and prevent it from becoming clogged with dirt and debris.
- Cleaning Flyknit shoes helps to remove any bacteria or other germs that may be living in the material. This can help to keep your feet healthy and free from infection.
- Proper cleaning also helps to preserve the color of the shoe. Flyknit material is prone to fading, and regular cleaning can help to prevent this from happening.
- Regular cleaning of Flyknit shoes will also help to remove any unpleasant odors that may be coming from the material. Regular cleaning can help to prevent odors from becoming trapped in the material and make your shoes smell fresh.
Things To Keep in Mind When Cleaning Flyknit Shoes
When it comes to cleaning your Flyknit shoes, there are certain things to keep in mind if you want to keep them looking great. Here are some important things to consider:
- Brush Away Loose Dirt: Flyknit shoes are very delicate and can be easily damaged if you don’t take the necessary steps to keep them clean. First, brush away any loose dirt or dust using a soft-bristled brush. This will help prevent dirt from getting trapped in the fabric and damaging the material.
- Use Gentle Cleaners: When cleaning your Flyknit shoes, it’s important to use gentle cleaners that won’t damage the fabric. Mild soap and warm water are usually safe bet. If your shoes are particularly dirty, you can try using a gentle detergent specifically designed for use on synthetic fabrics.
- Air Dry: After washing your Flyknit shoes, be sure to let them air dry. Avoid using a dryer or placing them in direct sunlight, as this could cause the fabric to shrink or fade.
- Spot Clean Stains: If your Flyknit shoes get stained, you can use a white cloth and mild soap to spot-clean the affected area. Be sure to blot the stain rather than scrub it, as this can cause the fabric to become damaged.
Cleaning Flyknit shoes is an easy and rewarding task that can help maintain their original appearance and extend their lifespan. The steps outlined in this article on how to clean Flyknit shoes provide an easy and effective way to clean Flyknit shoes.
The benefits of cleaning the shoes include preserving the shoe’s original appearance, extending the shoe’s life, and preventing odors and bacteria build-up. With this in mind, have you been convinced to try Flyknit shoe cleaning?