We all know how frustrating it can be to spot fingerprints all over the screen of your television. It’s embarrassing to have visitors over and see the fingerprints smudging your TV screen. Luckily, it’s easy to do this.
To clean fingerprints from a TV screen, you have to use a soft, lint-free cloth dampened with water and a mild detergent or a special screen-cleaning solution. Gently wipe the screen in a circular motion, and avoid pressing too hard. Lastly, rinse the cloth and use it to wipe the screen dry.
For your convenience, in this guide, you will learn how to clean TV screen fingerprints using simple, easy-to-find materials and techniques.
Why Is TV Screen prone to Get Fingerprints?
TV screens are prone to getting fingerprints because of their smooth, glossy surfaces and how often they are touched. Consider the following to learn more about why TV screens are prone to getting fingerprints.
- Smooth and Glossy Surface: TV screens are usually made of a smooth, glossy material. This type of surface is highly prone to collecting fingerprints and smudges.
- Frequent Touching: TV screens are often touched to turn them on and off, adjust the volume, and change channels. Frequent touching is one of the main reasons fingerprints are easily left behind on the glass.
- Oil from Skin: Our skin produces natural oils that can leave marks on the surface of the TV screen. These oils can combine with dirt, dust, and other residues, making the fingerprints even more prominent.
- No Protective Coating: Most TV screens don’t have any protective coating that would reduce the number of fingerprints left behind.
- Light Reflection: The screen’s smooth surface and glossy finish can also reflect light, making fingerprints more visible.
What To Do To Prevent Fingerprints on TV Screen
TV screen fingerprints can be an issue for many people, so it’s crucial to know what to do to prevent them. Here are some tips to consider:
- Regular Cleaning: One of the most important things you can do to prevent fingerprints on your TV screen is to clean it regularly. Use a soft, dry cloth to wipe away any dust and fingerprints gently. If necessary, you can use a mild soap and water mixture.
- Protective Coverings: You may also consider investing in a protective cover for your TV screen. These can be found in many hardware and electronics stores and prevent fingerprints from appearing on your screen.
- Avoid Touching the Screen: While it may be tempting to touch the screen, try to avoid doing so as much as possible. This can help keep fingerprints off your TV screen and prevent damage to the delicate surface.
- Adjust Settings: Depending on your TV model, you may also be able to adjust the settings to reduce the visibility of fingerprints. You can easily do that through the settings menu or by contacting the manufacturer for more information.
How To Clean TV Screen Fingerprints
Cleaning fingerprints from your TV screen can be a daunting task. Fortunately, you can take a few simple steps to get rid of them.
Here’s a guide that will help you clean fingerprints off of your TV screen:
1. Prepare the Screen
Before you start cleaning, you should ensure the screen is prepared correctly. Turn off the TV and unplug it from the wall. In that case, you can use a dry, soft cloth to wipe down the screen and remove any dust or dirt collected on the surface.
2. Choose the Right Cleaning Solution
The most important step in cleaning your TV screen is to choose the right cleaning solution. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials that could damage the screen. Instead, look for a mild, alcohol-free cleaner designed specifically for LCD, LED, and OLED screens.
3. Apply the Solution
Once you’ve chosen the right cleaning solution, apply it to the screen. Start by spraying the solution onto a soft, lint-free cloth. Then, gently wipe down the screen with the cloth in a circular motion.
4. Dry the Screen
After wiping the screen, dry it properly to avoid any streaks or smudges. Use a new, dry cloth to wipe away any moisture on the screen. Allow the screen to air dry for a few minutes before turning it back on.
What To Do To Avoid Accidental Damage When Cleaning TV Screens
Accidental damage caused by improper cleaning of a television screen can be costly. Below are some of the steps you can take to avoid accidental damage when cleaning your TV screen:
- Unplug the TV before Cleaning: Unplug the TV before cleaning it. This will prevent any electrical shocks and potential damage to the TV.
- Use a Soft Cloth: Use a soft, lint-free cloth to wipe down the screen gently. Do not use a rough cloth that can scratch the screen.
- Avoid Excessive Pressure: Do not apply too much pressure when cleaning the screen, as this can cause damage to the screen.
- Use a Mild Cleaning Solution: Use a mild cleaning solution, such as a mixture of water and a few drops of vinegar. However, do not use an abrasive cleaner, as this can damage the screen.
- Test a Small Area: Always test the cleaning solution on a small screen area first to ensure it won’t damage the screen.
- Avoid Aerosol Sprays: Do not use aerosol sprays as they can leave a residue on the screen that can damage it.
- Avoid the Edges: When cleaning the screen, avoid the edges as this can cause damage to the screen.
Is It Safe To Use Household Cleaners On TV Screens?
Using household cleaners on TV screens is not recommended. Household cleaners can contain chemicals that can damage the delicate surface of a TV screen, leading to permanent discoloration and clouding.
Additionally, using paper towels or other abrasive materials can cause scratches or other damage to the delicate surface of the TV screen.
How To Remove Tough TV Screen Fingerprints
Removing tough TV screen fingerprints can be a challenging task. However, with the right approach, it is easy to get rid of them. Here are the steps to follow to remove tough TV screen fingerprints:
- Start by creating a cleaning solution. Combine equal parts of white vinegar and distilled water in a spray bottle. Mix well and spray the solution onto the TV screen.
- Use a soft microfiber cloth to wipe the screen. You should use gentle, circular motions to remove the fingerprints.
- For tougher fingerprints, you can use a mild detergent solution. Combine a few drops of mild liquid detergent with warm water and mix until a lather is created. Dip a soft, clean cloth into the solution and use it to scrub away the fingerprints lightly.
- If the fingerprints are still stubborn, you can use rubbing alcohol and water. Mix equal parts of rubbing alcohol and water in a spray bottle. Spray the solution onto the screen and use a soft cloth to wipe away the fingerprints.
- Lastly, you can use a magic eraser or a soft brush to remove the fingerprints. Use gentle strokes when scrubbing the screen with a brush or eraser.
Cleaning TV screen fingerprints is an easy task that anyone can do in a few simple steps. With the right equipment and cleaning products, you can make your TV screen look new in no time.
All you need to do is use a microfiber cloth and a mild, streak-free cleaner to wipe away the fingerprints and smudges. Following the steps outlined in this article on how to clean TV screen fingerprints, you can keep your TV screen looking its best.